I have found myself on a journey of just creating and doing what makes me happy. I haven't released any instructions or patterns in two years as many of you know the life altering event my hubby Kevin and I have faced, but that doesn't mean that I won't share things. I did have 2 patterns ready for release but with the quarantine everything was put on hold. So, here is my go to recipe for my faux icing for your personal use and I hope you enjoy. I hope the day brings you much joy and happiness.
© Olde Moonlane Primitives by Wendy Young
- 20 Minute Quickset Lite Mortar Mix
- Old Bowl for mixing
- Old spoon for mixing
- Cake decorating Piping bag and tip of your choice.
- Paint of your choosing (If you decide to color icing)
- Glass Glitter (optional)
- Any doo dads or sprinkles of your choosing to add to icing
- Sealer DecouPage DecoArt
- Add 1 cup of mortar mix to your bowl. Begin adding water a little at a time slowly and stirring thoroughly. DO NOT over add water or it will be to runny. You want it to be the consistency of icing to pipe in the icing bag.
- I usually add a few drops at a time until the color I want is achieved. If you add too much remember it can make your icing runny and then you may have to re-add more mortar mix.
- Spoon your mix into a piping bag. I find it helpful to place the bag into a cup to fill. Let mix sit 2-3 minutes in the bag this allows to mix to settle and become a little more smooth when piping.
- I begin piping on the outside working in and up no matter what I’m piping.
- Now the fun part!! Begin adding your decorations whether it be glass glitter (I love!) or chocolate chips or Faux Candy sprinkles.