This New Page is a work in progress! I will be adding to this page over the next few months. So, please bear with me as I work on this new adventure.
I wanted to post selection options for those who want me to travel teach. I will post photos and material cost. I am so excited to be on this journey and overwhelmed by those wishing me to come and share my passion with all of you!!
Most items I have in pattern form can be selected as a option to teach as long as the supplies are readily available at the time. You can find all of my patterns in my etsy shop as instant downloads. Items from published books are also a teaching option. If you also click on the MORE section of the headed bar then click on drop down that says patterns you can view all.
Also, if you see something on my site and it is not in pattern form it is possible to teach without a pattern and as a workshop only no pattern. I have done many of these. If you see something please inquire and we can discuss, you don't know unless you ask.
Large group projects most times are a sculpt only class as the more students in the class the longer class takes and I go step by step and we do not move on till each person has completed each step. I do have a limit of no more than 25 students. example: I can teach the same class in my home studio to 8 students and teach the same class to 25 and we can get the entire project done with only 8 but the sculpting only done with 25. Size of group does matter when sculpting.
Now if your group is mainly all beginners you would want to keep this in mind when selecting a project. I wouldn't want anyone over whelmed. It is my UTMOST goal for everyone to go home happy with their project!!!!!!
What do students typically need to bring to class??
* Ruler * Parchment paper for a work surface * Basic clay tools ( I do sell a beginner set in my etsy store as well as my favorite tool a "Steel" blade. This is all you really need. Great substitutes are a xacto knife and a pencil. I can bring tools along if students wish to purchase. * Paint brushes (make sure to have a few old scruffy ones) if painting * Water basin (If painting * Palette (if painting) * Leave all rings at home! clays and quikwoods will stick and ruin them!!
Please note these are supply cost only this does not include the teaching fees! My Travel Teaching contract is available thru e-mail request.
Prices are subject to change slightly if at any time my suppliers increase their cost to me.
Students also get my packets at cost to me to print only as my way of thanking those who love what I do! I also reduce cost of the tubes of quikwood for class projects.
August2018- tentative travels
March- 16-17-18th 3 day seminar Steph's Folk Art Studio PA. details at
July- 3 Day seminar 13th-14th-15th Steph's Folk Art Studio, PA
August 13th thru ?? Private seminar California
Sept- Florida gourd retreat Oct- (2nd weekend) 13th-14th 2 days Great Lakes
It is my suggestion when selecting, for say a 3 day seminar it is best to start day one with a simpler project and build on that each day. I found this very helpful with lots of beginners.
"Days Til Christmas" (intermediate level)
Supply cost includes packet $48 per student * Base * Surface/wood * Styrofoam *(4) tubes quikwood * Candle/already textured prepped * Bells * Aged Cheesecloth * Texture medium * Wood Glue * Packet Depending on group size this may be a sculpt only class and texture. I would bring along paints as well . (just in case)
"Thankful Tom" (beginner level)
Note* This is a project I have limited supply on those 3-5" pumpkins to pour. So option for this class would be first come first served. Your group could also pre-pour pumpkins if you have them available. I would deduct $ 3 off supply cost if you have them pre-poured. We could also substitute base with a Foam ball or cannon gourd but prices for those would vary??
Supply cost includes packet $33 per student (if using the concrete pumpkin)
*(2 1/2) tubes quikwood * Pre-textured candle * Styrofoam ball * Poured prepped concrete pumpkin base * Magikote to seal * Paints * sealers * Glitter * Glue * Packet
Great project for a large group with many beginners!!! We would probably be able to complete project hopefully!!
"Olde Cinnamon Buns" (Beginner/intermediate) faces always step up the level I have taught many beginners and they do great!
Last seminar I taught almost everyone completed entire project in 7 hours.
"Moonlight Magic" ( Intermediate Level)
Supply cost includes packet $ 57 per student
* Base * Candle Stick (may vary depends on supplier) * Cannon Gourd 5-6"(depends on availability ) prepped wood burned. * Paper Mache Cone * Small bottle gourd * (4) tubes quikwood * Cardboard form * Buckle * Texture Medium * Packet This would be a sculpt/texture only class!! Packet would include painting instructions.
Supply cost includes packet $30 per student Note- I need to do packet do not at present have one but can work on one.
* Gourd (depends on availability at the time) prepped and wood burned with wire hanger. * ( 1 1/2 ) tubes quikwood * Paints * Sealer * Glitter * Antiquing * Packet
"Roly Poly" ( Intermediate/ Slightly Advanced Level) *get to work with both Apoxie Sculpt and quikwood
Supply cost includes packet $58 per student Note- I need to do packet do not at present have one but can work on one.
* Prepped hole drilled Gourd with wire for hanger. (depends on gourd availability at the time) * Apoxie sculpt * Quikwood * Texture Medium * Packet (would include painting instructions)
"Gourdeous Santa" ( Intermediate/slightly advanced) To date my most sought after and taught class. I have taught many beginners who attempted this as their first class!
Supply cost includes packet $ 50 per student
* Prepped cleaned gourd (Depends on gourd availability at the time) * Base * Apoxie Sculpt Takes 3/4 of a tub per student * Glass eyes * Packet
This would be a sculpt only class! Does NOT include glasses and all the little xtras that is optional as most like to add their own. Some like glasses and some do not. I can supply these at a additional price feel free to inquire I can figure cost for xtras if someone wants a xtra KIT greenery can vary from what is in pic!!
Supply cost includes packet $40?? working on price per student Note- I need to do packet do not at present have one but can work on one.
* Paper Mache Pumpkin (if supplier has available) * Bottle Gourd * Wooden Sign (May vary) * Mini Pumpkins we would make would not be as shown in pic (no supplier for these) * Texture supplies * (3 ) tubes quikwood I'm guessing right now won't know until I make up a packet and I can then give a better quote. * Packet
This would be a sculpt and texture class only! Packet would include painting instructions.
"Take Time To Catch The Falling Leaves" ( Beginner/Intermediate Level )
Supply cost includes packet $ 56 per student
* Clock Surface * Heavy and light weight Gauge Wire * Printer Lettering * Bottle Gourd (prepped pre-wood burned) * Mini Wood cut out * ( 3 ) tubes Quikwood * Packet
This would be a sculpt only class, packet would include painting instructions.
"Trick or Treat Hilda" Intermediate/slightly advance
Supply cost (No Packet) $42 per student
* (1) Tub of Apoxie Sculpt * (1) Bottle gourd * Glue * Sealer
This Is what I call a workshop class. No pattern!! We would sculpt the project and you would take home to paint as you wish.
I would supply a color photo of the project for you to take home.
Your group would have to have the pumpkins pre-poured with a can and ready to go plus one for the teacher. I would never be able to travel teach and haul all those concrete pumpkins. I am offering this as some might want this option.
"Miss Holly" Beginner
Supply cost includes packet $ 45 per student
* (3) tubes quikwood * Packet * All Dowels pre-cut * Large Styrofoam Ball * Faux tree (may vary depending on supplieravailability. * Eyelashes * Texture paste * Holly/Candy canes *Paint in case we can do some painting. Last seminar that did this project actually got to start painting. You would probably have to finish at home but the pattern does have painting instructions.
Supply cost includes packet $35 per student
* Packet * Margarita glass large better quality (If flying I would have these shipped directly to you) or I could have your group purchase them. If group puirchase we can deduct that from the supply cost per student. * Pipe cleaners * 2 1/4 tube quikwood * Foam Ball * Texture paste * Sealer * Glitter * Paints * Cheesecloth * Coursage Pins * Antiquing * Glass spray
"Flying School" Intermediate/Advanced
Supply cost includes packet $75 per student
*Supplies are numerous to list! Would include everything to sculpt this project.
This would be a 2 day sculpt only class. It took my small group two full days to sculpt this project. Not a beginner class for many beginners.
Directions are in packet to take home and texture and paint.
This would be a all day sculpt only, We wouldn't get texturing or painting done if large group.. Pattern packet would have instructions to take home and texture and paint. Just finished this class with 8 students and it was a push to get all sculpting done with just 8 students.
"Angel" Sheep Beginner
Supply cost includes packet $ 46 per student
* Packet * Base * Body prepped * Dowels * Head base * Faux Tree (these little trees are not cheap) depends on availablity from supplier at the time. * Holly/Star cut out pre-cut * Wing template * Texture * Paints/antiquing * sealers/glitters * 3 tubes quikwood
This would be a sculpt , texture and we may start painting ? depends on size and level of group.
This project is new and a WIP. I was given several tin surfaces to create on but have since found out they are discontinued. I will be re-doing this project and drawing my own pattern and cutting from a wood or foam surface ? Haven't decided yet. ( I might make her taller.) So stay tuned coming soon . It will have same theme idea just doing my own pattern as I can no longer get the tin surface I originally wanted to have.
I have several sketched ideas for pull cart themes coming for the new year as well.
"Ornament Sculpt" Your group could select 3 maybe ??4 projects to sculpt in one day. This would be great for beginners. The ornaments below are not in pattern form this would simply be a sculpt workshop no pattern. Build on sculpting skills. I will be working up supply cost and posting them soon.
The grouping of gourd birdhouses below I currently DO NOT have in pattern form. I would be willing to work up a pattern for any of these if selected. I am currently working on supply cost per student and will post soon. These will also depend on gourd availability at the time. Remember all gourds can vary in size and shape as well. I sometimes also have small groups wishing to have a paint only class as they do not want to sculpt. I would also offer this as a paint class and I would have each Gourd pre-sculpted for a extra charge as it does take me time to sculpt each one.
Intermediate/slightly advanced Definitely depending on gourd availability!! ( Note- would not offer this class as a paint only class!)